Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dirty, dirty dogs!

Its been pretty warm here in Wisconsin. Not that I'm complaining, I prefer the warmer weather, but the pooches are the whiners. I have to MAKE them go outside and when I do the sun causes such fatigue that they can't keep themselves upright for more than a few minutes. So as soon as I trick them to go outside they make a beeline for the few cool shaded areas. Their favorite place is underneath the slide. This is the only place where we let them dig. They'll both run over and start digging. For the most part they'll make sure there is room for 2, but sometimes I'll see (usually Bo) someone taking up the whole space and makes the other find another spot. The only big downside is that they get to DIRTY! They love the feel of the cool dry earth on themselves that they'll get as much of it on them that they can. I notice it much later when I see pupper tracks on the blanket over the couch or when I go to kiss a forehead and have a mouthful of dust... ewww.
Mmmmm, cool earth...
And it isn't enough that they get themselves all dirty, but they have to get Mr. Camel into the fun. But mom... he wants to be cool too!

No comments: