Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring is on the paws!

Yea! The weather has finally crept up above freezing! This means the mountains of snow that WI has dumped on us has been melting... and fast. Bo and Bella are ecstatic. They can hang outside without sweaters on and without freezing their long tails off. This also means that they can see grass again. They are quite happy to have grass and earth between their toes than frozen ice and snow. So they have been seeking out any bit of grass to walk on and rest on. Apparently the wet grass and earth haven't been soft enough for Bo's liking, so he has taken it upon himself to remedy that to his liking. I knew that Spring meant a little more cleaning, but wow... how was he tracking THAT much mud in? I didn't think there were that many open spots yet. So I hid behind the door yesterday to see what they were up to and I caught Bo red-handed, or should I say muddied paw-ed.
1st he gets up from a seemingly comfy spot, I initially believed to be rearranging himself (notice the tongue lagging to the right.
Then he started to dig...

And dig... and dig some more!

He must have sensed me peeking, so he looked up with a big smile on his face.

He bounded for the house, came in and left me many little tracks to remember him by. Sheesh!

No comments: