Friday, March 30, 2007

Backyard racetrack

Welcome to our on site racetrack. Nothing fancy but lots of racing action! My greyhounds love to run. When they are all giddy and in a playful mood, they don't wrestle like some other dogs do... they'll challenge each other to a race and then stand back... greyhound "zoomies" in either an oval or figure 8 around the backyard. They are crazy fast for about 2 to 3 legs of their race then they tire out, slowing down for another couple of runs, then just trotting over to me with huge grins, big panting breaths and a soft bed dancing in their heads. It is so much fun to watch... but this fun has come at a big toll for my backyard. There is an actual "track" now around their turns. My grass is being dug out by their little cleats and I'm afraid to try to plant more in it's place because I know they'll just run right over it again. Oh well, their pleasure is worth my yard's pain! :D
This side is the most prominent of the turns because there is an object that they are turning around. Just check out the roundabout!

1 comment:

kitten said...

Holy Moly! Now I don't feel so bad about the little bits of torn up grass *sigh*. I wish there was some way to wish you some nice grass! Oh the things we go through for our puppers.