Thursday, February 15, 2007

Another Vet visit

Well, this time it was Bella Bean's turn.
On Saturday Jon & I went out on a romantic Valentines Day date. We knew we were going to be a little while, so we bought some bones (from a butcher that we haven't used before) to keep them occupied.
The date went beautifully and the pups were glad to see us when we got home that night. First thing Sunday morning, Bella's belly wasn't feeling good. I gave her a little pepto and we thought we'd monitor her when we got back home from church. Bella had a few surprises for us when we got home. Apparently she had eaten a complete bone, and it was making it's way out, bit by bit. Poor girl was in some discomfort, but was active and acting like all was well. So we kept an eye out.
There hadn't been any other real issues until today. I brought the pups to day care again, and not 20 minutes after dropping them off I got a call that Bella was pooping some blood! I got someone to cover me at work and I rushed my little Bean to the E-Vet. They took a stool sample, they took 2 X-rays, they did all kinds of tests... and everything came back normal. There was nothing that they could find out that was wrong. She is still eating well (but now a super bland diet to settle her tummy) acting normal and doesn't seem to be ill. But at least I feel better that there aren't any more bones in her tummy and she'll be OK.
Bo on the other hand didn't even notice that his sister was MIA and he played HARD at the doggy day care. Since we've been home this is the only position that he has displayed:
What you don't see is the twitching toes, reenacting the day's play.

No comments: