Saturday, October 07, 2006

Stairs!!!

Bo hates the stairs. I can't even describe how that poor dog feels when the basement door is opened... the excitement of a new room opened followed by the despair that there are stairs. He is very long and leggy, and those really don't make for good stair climbing anatomy. I have tried on numerous occasions to show him how much fun downstairs is, but I have to literally give him no other choice or he will bolt as far away from the evil staircase as he can get. This morning, I was doing laundry in the basement with the door open and just kinda talking to Bo as he was pacing upstairs (he likes to be by my side) when I hear this herd of elephants tumbling down the stairs. He came down!! All by himself! No coaxing, no pushing, no treat bribery! All by his brave self! I am such a proud mamma right now. He even went back up without much ado either. Give him another couple of weeks and he will be a pro at this!

No comments: