Thursday, October 26, 2006

Caramel adventure

This being the fall season and all, we have been enjoying the fall delights of honeycrisp apples with some "light" caramel on occasion. We have been very good about not letting the dogs eat people food. And I have been vigilant about "counter surfing", so much so that they rarely exhibit this anymore. Anywho... I had my honeycrisp apple and caramel. When I was done I put the tub o caramel on the counter and was distracted elsewhere. Bella, being a sneaky little dog she is, sniffed out the carmel, stood up and ate nearly the whole tub!!! Bo on the other hand seemed to have cared less what was up there and left well enough alone. I panic, b/c that is A LOT of sugar in one take. She is only about 65#. I was reassured that unless she was diabetic (which she is not), the only side effect we were looking at were the runs... Oh, and the runs she has. Ewww! So when I got home there were so many suprises for me in the dog's room, and I took her out every 10 minutes to make sure that I wasn't suprised elsewhere in the house. :P Last night she woke me to go outside 2xs. So, I'm tired, and quite grossed out and have learned a very dear lesson. Put the schtick away!!! :) Bella on the other hand has no idea why she is having all these tummy issues and hasn't learned a thing, I saw her checking out the counter when she thought I wasn't looking. *sheesh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is kinda funny Kelly! The runs are pretty dang gross...no matter how you look at it.

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy the pictures of your dogs and the on going adoption story! Even if they have the runs!! Just don't take pictures of that! :) Keep this blog going, I love it. I love to show my 6 year old the pictures! Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with us.

Sophia