Sunday, December 17, 2006

Random pupper updates...

With the chaos that comes with this time of year, we haven't been able to take as many pictures as we'd like, but rest assured that the pups are as active and as naughty as ever. Bella Bean got a Secret Santa package recently, and to her dismay, we aren't delving into it until Bo Seeya gets his. Believe me, there has been whining. This weekend we brought the 2 troublemakers to the dogpark, sorry no pictures there either. I personally like the one a little farther away, but has a "small dog area", not because it has small dogs seperate from the larger, but because the small dog area is better contained and I know I can't lose these pups around a bend. They love it and run like mad. I usually see people looking on from the other side and I have to admit, my guys look really cool when they get full speed. Watching them, we have some ideas on why they didn't do so well on the track. Bella will take off for anything... but is easily intimidated to back down. Bo has no interest. He will only be convinced to run, if he is running after Bella, to cut her path (how rude!). Bo has no interest what-so-ever in chasing anything but Bella... and even that seems boring after a run or two. We had some friends meet up with us there to meet the pups and they were fortunate to see the whole spectrum of greyhound life. Full speed outside, barely vertical while inside. Today Jon and I were gone for about 5 hours (getting some errands done) and they had way too much pent up energy when we got home. I take them outside 1st thing (as usual) and in their excitement to see me and Bella's excitement of seeing a phantom squirrel caused such a flurry that a big brawl broke out. Fortunately only egos where damaged, no physical injuries. But all was forgotten in a heartbeat because they got to do their favortie thing ever... go for a walk! Since then they have barely been on their feet. The hard life of a greyhound!

No comments: